Academy of Healing Nutrition Longevity DietTraining
Module 6 Practical Cooking with the Longevity Diet
This Module is the 3rd cooking class with Melanie Ferreira. We continue to implement Food Energetics in our dished and explore various food groups, discuss the quality of the ingredients and experiment with The Longevity Diet dishes.
The following topics are discussed in this Module:
- The joy and ploy of soy: Is soy a health food? Fermented soy products. The issue of GMOs
- Soy superfoods: cooking with tempeh.
- Animal foods: Energetics of meats and animal organs. Farm-raised, grass-fed, wild, pastured, grain-fed, humanely slaughtered, and other issues around animal foods.
- Detoxification: Causes and symptoms of toxicity. Organs of detoxification. The best times of the year to focus on cleansing specific organ systems. Cleansing therapies, foods and meals.
- Kidneys form the point of view of Chinese Medicine.
- The role of Kidneys in detoxification.
“Melanie is terrific. On a scale from 1 to 10, she deserves 10. Melanie is a confident lecturer, easy to understand and follow. Very grounded and with a great sense of humor, she keeps your attention all the time. Her presentation was clear. There was a balance between theories and practice. The food was fabulous!” - Anka Bagic Sayre, San Francisco online student